Tuesday, February 8, 2011

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

In just one week I truly have made some amazing friends and I'm so so so thankful for that. I'm still getting to know them all but they make being on my own infinitely easier. Without my friends at language school I would just be sitting in a class, memorizing words and pronunciation. With them I laugh, I joke, and I mostly enjoy my time. Without my friends at Hillsong I would feel like one among the many. With them I feel like I'm right at home, and they give me something to look forward to every Sunday! Without all of my friends and family back in America, I wouldn't be missed! I would just be a girl in Paris doing her thing. With them they've pumped me up for the exciting journey I'm slowly beginning. I think that's what life's all about: Finding friends that make things worth it. Speaking of friends, here's a clip I put together from language school today. It has all of my classmates minus a few:

I put all of their names so you would be able to get a mental picture of who I'm talking about next time! :) Other than that, I hate to say that today was pretty uneventful. If you like though, I'll fill you in on the monotonous details of my agenda.
This morning, I was peacefully asleep, dreaming about mille-feuille's, and all the sudden I hear WOOOSH and next thing I know, my poster has fallen off my wall and is draped over my face and body. I contemplated staying asleep, but I decided to take the poster as a wake up call mainly because I knew if I went back to sleep there was an 80% chance that I wouldn't wake up til 12 and I didn't want a repeat of yesterday. So I got up, made a DELICIOUS breakfast:
Thats bacon, eggs, toast with strawberry jam, and yogurt with a glass of OJ---the PERFECT way to start off my morning. So then I skyped with mom for a little while and it truly was a heart breaking experience. Mainly because we kept the camera pointed at Sargent. Who wouldn't miss a face like this?




Then I got on the metro and was waiting for my stop and a homeless/crazy man got on and just let me tell you what I told Julianne and Adam. Riding a metro every day, you're introduced to so many smells you never even knew existed. And believe me.... this was a new one for sure... My gag reflexes were so relieved when they called "Madeleine" as the stop and I was able to get off. So then I went to school, etc, etc. and then I started on my way home when I realized that I was out of milk and needed to stop by the grocery store. So I went inside and was looking for milk, and to my pleasant surprise found some yogurt that I had had two years ago when we were here that i've been looking for since! I was so happy! I also got some four cheese tortellini which I made for dinner:
As I was cooking it I felt like it would taste a little bland so I tossed in some ham and spinach remembering that mom had told me spinach steams itself so I did that and it was DELICIOUS. The end! Sorry nothing too interesting happened today!
Au demain,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment