Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"A garden is a friend you can visit anytime." - Unknown

Bonjour!!! I hope you're all doing well! This morning when I went to take a shower, I flipped on my light switch and KAZOONK my light bulb went out. So I had to get ready in my bedroom, which wasn't the best way to start my day. :P But other than that today was such an incredible day! Alice and I talked a lot during French class and for one of our exercises we had to ask people their favorite things. So the phrase for this is "Quest-ce que vous aimez....(insert whatever you want to ask them about)" So I asked PingLing (the new Chinese girl) what her favorite food was. Her answer was "J'aime le (a word that sounded like noir)" so I was like Hm? and so was the French teacher. So Alice goes, Nuts! Like peanuts and stuff..... and the teacher goes OH NOIX. And PingLing goes NO NO NO. and in unison the entire class started cracking up and none of us knew why. I think we were all just so worn out that the fact Alice thought her favorite food was assorted nuts cracked us all up. Any of you know me know that sometimes I get into "giggle fits" where I just start laughing uncontrollably and can't stop myself. Well, the same thing was happening to Alice and we laughed for about ten minutes and didn't stop til our eyes were watering. It was so much fun!
Then after school Pamela, Alice, and I walked out of school together and they asked me if I had to go to the metro I always go to. Winging it (mainly because I just wanted to hang out with them) I said "Pshh! Noooo. I can go to any metro." So we walked through the Luxembourg gardens and just talked about life. I would've been so pleased if that garden had been never ending. I didn't want to part ways with them. Finally my metro came and I got on hoping and praying there was actually a stop I could connect to. Luckily there was (14 stops away......). I was practically dead by the time I got home but luckily I had my stair rhyme to get me through.

One, it's just begun.
Two, almost halfway through.
Three, yippee!
Four, almost to the door.
Five, thank God I'm still alive.

I recite that on my way up the stairs (each line with its corresponding level obviously). It helps the time pass. :P Then I got home and heated up a little quiche and it was delllliiiiccccciiiioooouuuussss. After that I started contemplating whether or not I should cut my bangs. I can pretend this is a decision all I want, and weigh the pros and cons but when it comes down to it my mind is already made up, and I think I'm going to do it just to have something new. Here's a picture of what I'd like: (the blonde one)

So I'll post a picture tomorrow of how it ended up turning out. Wish me luck! A little later Cathy called me and we made pancakes together and then skyped with Lindsey. That was so much fun to all be sort of back together again.


I also skyped with Fabio for a little while but he left and put Teddy on:

While we were skyping I decided to work on hanging my laundry up. I had NO clue how I was going to tackle the sheets.... I finally decided to just hang them up in front of my windows but I really hope they dry soon because they're blocking all my sunlight! It might be tough to wake up in the morning!

To make my day ten times better my mom's best friend told me today that she'd like to fly me out to Seville, Spain for a few days! I'm SO excited! Such an awesome awesome awesome gift. It's going to be beautiful, and I can't wait to get a taste of warm weather again!

Speaking of Spain... a couple weeks ago I met an American girl named Becca from Wisconsin here. She goes to Hillsong and she's really nice and hilarious. So I asked her if she wanted to go to the George Pompidou museum but she's going to be in Spain this week so she can't but we're planning to go next week so get ready for some awesome photos!

Alright, well, it's time for bed! But before I go, here's a picture of my quiche!

Au revoir!
Lauren


P.S. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the bangs! 
Post a comment on this blog, or email me on facebook or at laurencashwell@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Well, you always did love Mary-Kate and Ashley movies when you were little so to have bangs like Ashely Olsen now will fit you! I like the idea. Just don't go to a cheapo salon - you already know how that turns out!!!

    I love your stair rhyme - you remind me of Mema - she has songs and rhymes she does on each machine at her gym! One of hers she does is "I'm an old cownhand..." - sing that one going up the stairs in memory of your mema since you know it so well!!

    ReplyDelete