Friday, February 11, 2011

“Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” - Pablo Picasso

Hey guys! I didn't update yesterday because there wasn't really anything to update about. I hate to keep you guys waiting, but I hate giving you something boring to read even more! So today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I woke up to a sunny sky shining through the window. It was one of those mornings where you just want to lean outside your window the whole day and watch everything go by. When I got out of school today the sun was setting and I had my camera and it was just too beautiful of an opportunity to pass up so I took the metro down to Hotel de Ville and walked around the Seine and got some pictures, and also took a few pictures at some shops near my apartment. This one was a shop that was really cool inside. They had a bunch of differently framed things, like mirrors, posters, etc. I thought that the red of the building looked really neat with the rest of the photo.
 This one I liked because of the lamp and the sign above the door. I wanted to walk inside and check it out but there was nobody else there and you have no idea how awkward it is to shop in a store by yourself. I made that mistake once today and when I walked in, the clerk stood up and she just watched me as the heels of my boots clicked around the floor. It only took me the first pair of pants to realize I couldn't afford a piece of lint from the store, but I just made my rounds anyway and then walked out (the clerk staring all the while).
 I thought this photo was really beautiful because the sun was hitting all of the buildings and you can almost feel it.
 Uncle Steve-- If you're reading this, this is for you! Any time I see an old car I think of you! So I took a picture since I had my camera with me.
 Ahhhh, the classic "metro sign" picture. Had to get one eventually...
 Hotel de Ville in the afternoon. Such a beautiful sight!!! Susan (a lady in my class) cracked me up because she said she thought Hotel de Ville was a chain of French hotels since she had been seeing them in different places. (Hotel de Ville is like the city hall for each city)
 This is BHV, a big department store directly across from Hotel de Ville. I took this photo and while I was editing realized the two people standing and talking and thought that made it really interesting.
 A beautiful statue outside of Hotel de Ville.
 Fountains in front of the sunset. Paris is so beautiful, isn't it?
 The Seine. This is most definitely one of my favorite places in Paris. There's always a street musician playing something, and there's always a couple holding hands, or a boat passing by the river packed full of tourists. At night you can take a boat down the river and they'll take you past the Eiffel Tower and it twinkles for the first fifteen minutes of every hour.
 This is also my favorite thing about Paris-- the side shops! There's a whole row of these things set up in the summer time selling posters, postcards, books, records. It's fantastic! There were only two open today, one selling books, the other records.
So that was my day today! It was also Lourdes, Talos, and Laura's last day of language school. :( I'm definitely going to miss them! I hate to say this guys, but today wasn't very eventful either! I wasn't feeling very well so I didn't go to hang out with the youth tonight like I had planned :(
Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday will present something interesting to blog about! I did think though, if any of my followers have something that they would like me to go and take pictures of, or film, I'd love to hear! You can either comment on this post, or if you don't know how to do that email me on facebook, or email me at laurencashwell@gmail.com

Very much looking forward to your feedback! Your ideas will also give me something interesting to do when I have free time, and give me a reason to go check out different spots in Paris!

Au revoir,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Take a picture of a beautiful pâtisserie's window display with all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin Healy #3.. a neat car according to your Uncle Steve!

    ReplyDelete